Sunday, August 12, 2007

Another Handy Use For Lemons


Turns out lemons neutralize a stinky garbage disposal. I guess my mom was hip to this and yours probably is too. I wasn't. So, I called a plumber out to see if something had DIED in there!! He suggested running the disposal with hot water and adding cut up lemons. It worked! ALSO, for those of you who want to try the juice i talk about below, try posting an add on craigslist.org or freecycle.org... WANTED: FREE LEMONS. I did, and now I have at least 3 weeks worth of free fresh organic lemons!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You can also use lemons to clean out stain of tea or ketchep dripped down to your shirt. Of course, they will be more difficulty when you let it dried up.
Have you ever use the lemon as a fabric softener? Let just said that my ex kept on 'snip' on my shirt after I used it. QOooooo

Unknown said...

Love the tip about craig's list and free lemons! I've been thinking about asking for a free food processor. I'm glad to hear that it works!

daragay said...

i made ice cubes out of lemon juice, maple syrup, a little water, and salt and put them in water during my labor. totally helped me feel energized and strong. this could also make a really good energy drink and keep your electrolytes balanced during hot days. yay lemons!